Guess what I have been awarded my very first award! I was nominated for a Liebster Award.
The Liebster Award is often given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers and is aimed at helping them grow their blogs through networking. The Liebster award is an award that is passed from on blogger to another so that readers have unlimited access to amazing blogs to follow.
I was graciously awarded this award by http://nerdyclues.com/2016/03/24/liebster-award-2/ and I am so thrilled! Thank you so much Stella. I will answer the ten questions that she asked me and also share ten random facts about me.
I will also be nominating 10 more blogs for this award. How awesome is this!
If you want to lift yourself up;
lift up someone else: Booker T. Washington.
Here are the 10 questions she asked me.
- If you were to date a celebrity, which celebrity would you date?
If I was to date a celebrity I would date Steve Harvey. He is a gentleman, knows how to treat a lady. He smokes which is a pet peeve but no one is perfect haha! I would date him for his rain and entrepreneurial skills and most of all his passion and respect for God.
- What is your favorite book?
My favorite book is GIRL BOSS by Sofia Amoruso. She clearly shows how you can start from anywhere with that one thing that you are good at and build a multi-million dollar empire. She showed me that there is nothing like being perfect; the perfect grades in school or the perfect life. Instead she showed me that you build the life you want. Consistency and getting your hands dirty will get you the life you truly want.
- What is your mantra
My mantra is a quote by John Haggai that I go to when I start feeling complacent. I stole it off my friend Shikoh’s email signature.
Attempt something so impossible that unless God is in it, it’s doomed to fail.
- What is your dream destination for a vacation?
I am blessed to have travelled a bit. My current dream vacation is Santorini in Greece. I attached a picture for more effect.
- Do you have something that you are embarrassed of?
Absolutely nothing comes to mind. Maybe, if I dig deep. Oh yeah, I never wear clothes that show my chest area. I am slimmer that I would like to be and so you can see some bones haha!
- What is the highest moment of your life so far?
The highest moment of my life came to me last week. I made a prayer wall and hand wrote my friend’s prayer request. Last week I had the opportunity to tick off so many things, actually almost the entire list and God answered word per word!
- What do you consider Rock Bottom in your life so far?
On 30th January, 2010 I received a call that changed my life. On the other end my aunt called me and said in Swahili, “Baba yako emkufa, utakuja matanga?” Translated to mean –Your father died will you be coming for his funeral? Mum and dad had had a nasty breakup and were not together and because of the anger I took my mum’s side and chose to cut communication with him. I saved him as “Do not pick” and I did not pick his calls a few days before his death. I doubt I will ever get over this.
- What is your hobby?
I love to write. I can write about anything. Even things I do not know. I can sell you with words. I also love to read. I buy more books than I can read.
- Why made you start blogging?
I needed an outlet. I was at a high learning curve. My friends circle greatly improved and I wanted to give something of value to those around me. I found the perfect way to infuse faith and fashion and God blessed me with a rich life and so to whom much is given, much is required.
- Who is your Role Model?
My role model is my good friend Shikoh Gitau-Nyaga. She is the first person I know, a woman, who holds a PhD. She is a fearless influencer. She is a high achiever. She is a wife and a mother and a sister. She has taught me how to stay grounded regardless of how high God lifts you. She has taught me to give valuable relationships 100% and most of all to always follow my passion and to never be afraid to go for what I want.
10 Random facts about me
- I love shoes
- I can watch cooking shows all day
- I am very competitive and a very sour loser
- I make friends very easily
- I can bake. Seriously
- I taught myself how to do makeup like a pro (at least I think so)
- I am a speed junkie.
- I believe in true love
- I have a specific order for all restaurants I go to. If I don’t I research their menu beforehand
- I am doing everything to ensure that my son grows up to be a well-rounded individual.
SIMPLE RULES FOR THE LIEBSTER AWARD
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer 10 questions that the blogger gives you.
- Give 10 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
- Notify the bloggers that you have nominated them.
- Give them 10 questions to answer.
THE NOMINATED BLOGS ARE
Here are your 10 questions.
- What drives you?
- Dead or alive, who would love to have dinner with?
- What do you consider to be your greatest achievement so far?
- What is your dream holiday destination?
- Silver or gold?
- What are you most afraid of?
- What is the most defining moment in your life?
- What do you love most about yourself?
- What is your dream job?
- Why did you start blogging?
I am so grateful Stella!
Do not let kindness and truth leave you; Bind them around your neck, Write them on the tablet of your heart